* photos © Tonya Harding/LGLPR
- The Lillehammer Olympic figure skating hall, site of the climactic 1994 showdown between Tonya and that other skater as it looked in the summer of 2013. As you can see, the combination of time, vandals and the harsh Nordic winters have not been kind to it, with it now looking distinctly tatty after a period of only 20 years, a not uncommon problem for Olympic venues that often can't justify expensive upkeep after the event they were built for is over. Courtesy of a Tonyaphile from North Carolina who wishes to remain anonymous.
Photos from Tonya's wedding to Joseph Price in 2010:
Photos of the memorial for Tonya's father Al Harding, which was on the 17th of May 2009 at her home in WA State. These photos are courtesy of her friend Mark "Woody" Woods:
- These were volunteers from the American Legion in the area near where Tonya lives. They have been very gracious to her. Al was a veteran, who served in Korea. This is the flag folding ceremony, after which they presented the flag to Tonya.
- Seven gentleman from the Legion did a
21 gun salute.
- Tonya sprinkling her Dad's ashes in the river, just below her home.
- Tonya and the gentleman that heads up the American Legion there.
- A Tonya t-shirt designed by Norwegian-American artist Sarah Rosenbaum, who also designed the pictograms used at the Lillehammer Olympics, is modeled here by members of Eventyrplassen Vannførelaget, a Norwegian community service group who have adopted Tonya as their mascot. The slogan on top of the design says: "A society free of ice is a cold society".
- A close-up of the design. Many thanks to Tor Weibye for supplying this.
- starztonyacard.jpg - Starz Behind Barz Tonya mug
shot playing card.
- smokingguntonyacard.jpg - Smoking Gun Tonya
mug shot playing card.
- baseball.jpg - a baseball Tonya threw out at a ball
game in 2000 for the Charleston Riverdogs team.
- holster2.jpg - Tonya Harding hubcap holster and hot
sauce - a novelty item that hung in a bar in Oregon for several months. The sauce was
also made in Oregon and became an instant collector's item after Tonya threatened the
makers with legal action.
- dollar.jpg - $ with Tonya's image glued over the
President's. The makers claim this is fully legal and spendable.
- stamp.jpg - a fake stamp featuring Tonya skating in
- phonecards.jpg - a pair of phone cards from North
- streetsign.jpg - a fake street sign bearing Tonya's name
- tonyamagnet.jpg - a Tonya fridge magnet made by a fan
- minibat.jpg - these miniature baseball bats signed by
Tonya at a Jacksonville Suns baseball game in June 2001 bear an uncomfortable
resemblance to you know what
- tonya4prez1.jpg - a set of 12 "Tonya for President"
buttons spotted on e-Bay in January 2003.
- switchplate.jpg - a switchplate featuring Tonya with
Paula Jones that was spotted on e-Bay in April 2002.
- carvings.jpg - Tonya & Nancy carvings by folk artist
- silkscrn.jpg - silkscreen painting of Tonya by Portland
- tonyafan.jpg - Tonya with an original fan club member,
complete with original Tonya fan club t-shirt (though it's not quite as cool as
- maury2.jpg - Tonya with U.S. TV personality Maury Povich
during an appearance on his show in December 1999.*
- cutting_cake.jpg - Members of Eventyrplassen
Vannførelag, a community service group in Oslo, Norway who have adopted Tonya as their
club patron, celebrate her 30th birthday in November 2000.
- tonya_and_kid.jpg - Tonya and a young fan in
1993. © Joe Haran
- sf_mayor.jpg - Tonya meets the Mayor of San Francisco,
Willie Brown, on a visit there in June 2002 as the guest of a number of prominent local
- Tonya_signs_autographs.jpg - Les
Tonyaphiles: Tonya signs autographs for some young French fans during her visit
to that country in December 2001.*
- terry.jpg - Terry Hall, Head of Special Duties here at
PortIce. Apologies for the poor quality, but Terry doesn't like having his picture
taken so this was the best we could come up with.
* photos © Tonya Harding/LGLPR
Back to PortIce Home Page
|© 2013 Portland Ice Skating Society.
||Last updated: 12